Thursday, May 5, 2016

First triple digit ride of the year...

Yesterday had the distinction of being the first 100 degree day. No biggie here in the PHX. Just kidding, it kinda sucks. It's the price we pay for some pretty damn amazing weather the rest of the year though!

I'm going to try to switch these afternoon rides (except the commute home obviously) to mornings. We'll see. It's hard enough getting up early on the commute days. I guess it's not the getting up that is hard, it's the getting to sleep early enough. With one teenager and one pre-teen, they don't exactly go to sleep early like they used to. And something feels weird about crashing out before they do. This will be an ongoing challenge...

I thought I would lay out what my plans are right now as far as training. Mostly for reference for me so I can see what I was thinking at the time and how it's working out for me.

Right now here is my training plan:

Monday (PM) - Technical riding practice. Fairly steep and some steps and rough switchbacks. 45-60 minutes

Tuesday (AM/PM) - Commute to and from work.

Wednesday (AM hopefully) - Random dirt ride. This is to get the road bike feeling out and be on dirt. The riding is SO much different. This will be intervals if I'm feeling motivated, or just a spin around my local trail. No more than 60 minutes.

Thursday - OFF. Maybe a hike or walk around the hood with the wifey.

Friday (AM/PM) - Commute to and from work.

Saturday - Going to start to a fairly big climb (Humboldt) starting from Cave Creek Rd and Pima. 33 miles and 4k elevation gain. This will be interesting given the commute miles the day before. I need to get used to putting in good efforts on consecutive days.

No comments:

Post a Comment