Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Aspen Asphyxiation "race" this weekend

One of the key aspects of prepping for the AZTR 300 is getting out and pushing limits. All of the AES rides fit the bill. These aren't your typical rides. They look innocent enough on the surface - big but manageable miles and elevation gain... but just looking at the numbers doesn't do them justice. There are usually decent chunks of HAB, weird route choices, and general route WTF moments and shenanigans.

So this Saturday is the Aspen Asphyxiation ride. As always - my goal is just to finish. I'm usually DFL or close to it - I can't keep up with the cyborgs who crush these courses. I've never been able to get out on the actual race day, instead doing them as Individual Time Trials when I was able to get out there so it will be nice to meet up with some people I only know through Strava/FB, etc.

I managed to get my buddy Marcus to take the bait, so it should be a good epic day.

More info here: Aspen Asphyxiation

I'd also like to point out that the last 4 weeks really built up on me, I was getting more tired as each week went on. I'm pretty sure that's just due to my rapid buildup in miles/hours. I need to work on getting more sleep or naps.

I'm not going to be doing my commute by bike on Friday, though I did today. I'll probably get some short rides in Wed or Thursday. Or Friday haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment