Monday, April 15, 2013

Saturday Ride

I had intentions of getting up early - it didn't happen. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do so I started at Deem and hit the big climb right off the bat. Heading down from the ridge, I decided to hit the east side of Deem (mostly downhill) to try to beat my fastest time. I ended up missing it by six seconds. I'm sure I could have beaten it, but hiker traffic was heavier than normal, especially for that section of the trail.

It was already starting to get warm. Actually, now that I think about it, it was just that the sun was intense. In the shade it was beautiful. Anyway, motivation wasn't very high but I decided to make the best of it. I definitely wasn't going to really push it at this point.

I hit the southern loops at Sonoran but just was going through the motions. I got off the bike a few times to take some pictures and just chill out. It was that kind of day on the bike.

The bike wasn't feeling great (low on air in shocks) and overall I was just off a bit. I decided to cut it a bit short and not hit the northern side of the southern loop. Bailed out and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment