Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Monday "medium pace" ride

Great ride today. I headed out for my normal Monday long ride but rode to my buddy Geoff's house. Hung out there waiting for "T" - he's very secretive apparently based on his Strava name haha. Anyway T showed up and we headed to the gate at the trail head.

We got there and T asked what pace we were going to ride at. I was already ~10 miles into the ride plus I had to make it home. I think Geoff was tired a bit from riding both days over the weekend so he said "medium pace". Adam Sandler fans are laughing right now at that reference. I didn't have any problem with medium.

So T heads out and all of the sudden it is a freaking hammer fest. I'm trying hard not to blow up following both of them - about half way to the first turn off Geoff turned looked back at me and did a "wtf" hand gesture in regards to the pace T was setting. I guess we should be used to it as it's pretty normal for T to spend himself early into the ride and then slow down and complain the rest of the time.

Anyway, the rest of the ride was smooth and the early pace caught up to T and true to form he was slower and started complaining about his back or something - I don't know, I tune that stuff out or make fun of him. Our rides are typically like that. For these friend group rides, I'm going to keep track of some stats. I'll explain them here and keep a running total through the year.

T switchback dabs (TSD) - We normally ride with T in front. It's entertaining and he usually keeps a steady pace once he calms down. Anyway, he's always good for at least one switchback mistake that causes us to all have to stop.

T bike throws (TBT) - Self explanatory. He pulled this sweet move at BCT a couple of months ago.

Geoff cactus injection (GCI) - Geoff has the worst luck with getting stuck with cactus.

Snake sightings (SS) - Self explanatory

For the record, I typically get to see all of this stuff first hand because I am usually in the back of the group. Both of those guys ride the downhills better than me, so I let them do their thing and I try to keep up.

Anyway stats for the ride are below:

TSD +1; YTD = 1
TBT + 0; YTD = 1
GCI + 0; YTD = 0
SS + 1; YTD = 2 (Second rattler in two weeks at the south loop)

No comments:

Post a Comment